The Hunky Punks Project is a series of youth and community workshops to create monsters from recycled fabrics and materials based upon the Hunky Punks found on All Saint's Church, Langport. The workshops will cumulate in a showcase event as part of the Langport festival at the church.

Monday 29 April 2013

Artist Profile: Julie Roberts


You've met Penny and myself, so now it's time for, last but not least...


JULIE ROBERTS
EDUCATION: BA(Hons) Textile Crafts

OCCUPATION: Designer maker - Textiles, and artist educator
WEBSITE: www.julieroberts.co.uk
FACEBOOK: Julie-Roberts-Textiles
TWITTER: @the_crafty_hen 


BIO: I am a textile maker based in Bristol, but working across the South West and parts of the South East. I deliver community art projects, art workshops and anything else that involves sharing skills and teaching people new crafty things. 
I have worked as lead artist on a number of large projects over the last 8 or 9 years as well as a number of smaller workshops and projects. I work with anyone and everyone and particularly enjoy working on projects that have creativity at their core. I love to share skills and watch people create and make. It's great seeing people proud of what they have made.

MY INVOLVEMENT IN THE HUNKY PUNKS PROJECT:
My role in this project is to mentor 2 emerging artists, Sarah and Penny,  to develop their careers in community arts, but also as artists themselves. I will be taking a mainly supportive role in the project in terms of delivery, but will act as support to both artists in their delivery, planning and every other stage of the project. I will be co-ordinating the artists, sessions, monitoring and evaluation etc. I will also be delivering the sessions to primary schools. I'll also be installing the showcase at the church, which I can't wait to see.


No comments:

Post a Comment